Welcome to Studio 34!
Since 2008, Studio 34 has cultivated a community; it has offered affordable yoga classes, workshops, and art shows for those who seek healing, as well as space for wellness practitioners to provide various forms of therapy, from acupuncture to massage to psychotherapy & more.
In early 2018, community members Adrienne Dolberry and Kari Thompson took over as owners and remain committed to Studio 34 being a space of healing, creativity, and inclusivity for the West Philadelphia community and beyond.
Studio 34 is more than a physical space.
We are an energy created by all those that enter and practice here.
This energetic space respects and honors all bodies – encouraging EveryBody/everyone to breathe and move in our healing-centered studio.
Using self-care and expression through yoga, movement, art and other healing modalities – we allow ourselves to reconnect, realign and reclaim our lives as individuals.
We believe that individual self-care directly sustains and supports our community.
We are united together in dialogue, creativity, fun, empowerment and holistic well-being.
Kari Thompson, E-RYT 200
Kari uses breath as the central rhythm from which all movement stems, encouraging each student to find their unique flow. Kari pauses at each key pose allowing time to explore proper alignment, a deeper stretch, and more subtle sensations. Kari began practicing yoga at Studio 34 to work on posture, never guessing that it would change their whole way of thinking, feeling, and perceiving the world. The simple act of moving their awareness out of their mind onto the bones, muscles, breath, and deeper inside made them experience life in so many new ways. Finding a deep sense of stable happiness, Kari knows that every practice will produce a smile. Kari was moved to help others find the treasures inside themselves and pursued teacher training at Studio 34. Kari looks forward to all the places this journey will take them.
Help Save Studio 34!
Studio 34 needs your assistance to remain open. Please come practice and/or donate to our GoFundMe!
- You are welcome to drop in or pre-register online. Click here to register! Registration begins 14 days before the class.
- You can cancel your class on your profile in our MindBody system up to the time that class begins. That credit will remain on your account to be used for your next class.
- Workshops must be canceled 48 hours in advance due to the limited capacity.
- Arrive 15 minutes before class begins. Doors will be locked at the start time of your class.
- Yoga mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, and blankets will be provided free of charge.
- Students are also welcome to bring their own yoga mat and/or props.
- Wear comfortable loose-fitting or stretchy clothing.
- Please be mindful of others scent sensitivities and refrain from wearing fragrant lotions and perfumes..