with Jessica Dore
Saturday, August 3rd
2:00pm – 4:00pm
$20 discount for BIPOC (Black and Indigenous people of color). Contact Jessica Dore at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Click here to register!
Tarot Reading 101 is a workshop for practitioners of all skill levels that is geared toward learning to read tarot in a way that is engaging, effective and trauma-informed.
The emphasis is on reading cards for others, but almost all of the information presented is applicable for those wanting to deepen their personal practice of reading for themselves as well.
Participants should attend if they are interested in learning to use tarot cards in service of growth and healing. The workshop will include:
– A brief overview of the nuts and bolts of 78 card, 4 suit tarot decks, understood through the lens of psychology and behavior
– Therapeutic interpretations of the 22 major arcana that help people better understand how to use these archetypes in a way that is grounded and practical
– Principles of using tarot cards for self-inquiry and healing rather than divination
– A four step framework for interpreting any spread
– The most common types of readings and tools for approaching each based in evidence-based therapeutic models like narrative therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy
More about Jessica: My unique approach to tarot is the culmination of nearly a decade of work as a writer and editor in psychology and behavioral science publishing, my training in clinical social work (I will be graduating with an MSW in August), and my in-depth study and work with tarot. My work utilizing tarot for mental health has been featured by New York Magazine’s “The Cut,” NPR’s Weekend Edition, VICE, Urban Outfitters, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Yoga Journal, Philadelphia Magazine and more.