2017 YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
with 250 Hour Extended Course and 200 Hour
Yoga Alliance Certification
Yoga is composed of simple, elegant, and mindful practices which have the potential to take the practitioner closer to health on a physical, mental and emotional level.We believe in the healing potential of yoga, connection and community, that we are essentially here to care for ourselves, one another, and this Earth.
In this training, you will learn how to lead students through a yoga practice; this is fundamental. But at the heart of this training is a quest to find and support healing – to connect, share, gain insight and inspire even more questions, as this practice is a life-long journey. The reality of the yoga world is there are limited opportunities to teach in a yoga studio, and the majority of life happens outside of yoga studios. This training will prepare you to bring yoga into your life and the beautiful work you are already doing.
Join us, a community of teachers and peers, in learning, laughing, sharing and healing together.
Angie and Studio 34
This training begins with a 9-day immersion followed by a series of weekends. The program spans five months: August – December.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Develop the foundational skills of a yoga instructor
- Identify & foster a personal style of teaching
- Acquire the skills needed to nourish your own physical & mental health
- Learn how to support others as they move from illness to wellness
- Participate in and understand the importance of community-based learning
AREAS OF STUDY
- Alignment-based yoga practice, Pranayama & meditation
- Physical Anatomy
- Scientific Foundation
- Energetic Anatomy
- Restorative Concepts
- Medical Considerations & Ayurveda
- Yoga Philosophy
- Demonstrations, Assists & Observations as a Teacher
- Effective Sequencing
- Development of Your Own Teaching Style
- Integration of Yoga into Daily Life
- Chair Yoga Concepts
- Therapeutics & Mental Health
- Serving All People|All Bodies
- Chronic Pain
- Working with Trauma as a Teacher
This course also includes 2 FREE classes per week at Studio 34 for the duration of the training. Classes are not valid after December 10, 2017.
Each session offers a FREE one-hour Asana practice followed by a Teacher Training overview and Q & A. No registration required for info sessions.
Wednesday, February 8
7pm – 8:30pm
Saturday, April 22
12 pm – 1: 30 pm
Thursday, May 11
7:30pm – 9pm
Download the Required and Suggested Reading List
Super Early Bird: $2050 before March 1
Early Bird: $2150 before May 1
Full Investment: $2450 after May 1
$650 deposit to secure spot and additional $600 due by July 14. Next payment of $600 due by August 1, 2016, final payment of $600 due by September 8, 2017.
Please contact Angie with payment questions.
Studio 34 will be offering three partial scholarships ($700 toward Early Bird or $800 toward regular investment). To apply, answer these questions in no more than one page:
- Why do you want to be a yoga teacher?
- What are your goals, plans, dreams, visions for yourself as a yoga teacher?
- Please briefly describe your financial need.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 24, 2017. A non-refundable $1200 deposit is required of all recipients prior to the start of the training.
A non-refundable $1,200 deposit is required to hold your space in the training. After the training begins, 50% of the remaining fees paid (minus the $1,200 deposit) will be refunded until August 1. No refunds offered after August 1, 2017.