Wednesday, March 15th
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Come join us for an afternoon of practice focused around the Moon & Moon Salutation, or Chandra Namaskar! The moon salutation is a delightful flow which is not as well known as the classic sun salutation, but offers a refreshing change of pace and some Yin energy to balance all the Yang energy of our fast paced culture.
In this workshop we will:
- Explore the cycles, qualities, & energies provided by the moon.
- Understand how to use the moons cycles to set intentions.
- Set our own personal intentions (feel free to bring a journal!).
- Graciously flow through several Moon Salutations & other poses depending on the waxing/waning moon.
- Indulge in an extended Shavasana with a guided meditation based on the moon’s current state in an effort to foster our intentions.
- End by chanting to the moon’s mantra as a way to honor the moon & to seal in the benefits of our practice and intentions.
* The gentle flow and calming qualities of the moon salutation make this workshop accessible for all levels of practice.
* Bring your body, mind & spirit and be prepared to dive into some lunar wisdom!